How to Set Up Your Medical ID on Your iPhone
Health on iPhone
Medical ID helps first responders access your critical medical information from the Lock screen, without needing your passcode. They can see information like allergies and medical conditions as well as who to contact in case of an emergency.
- Open the Health app and tap the Summary tab.
- Tap your profile picture in the upper-right corner.
- Under Medical Details, tap Medical ID.
- Tap Edit in the upper-right corner.
- Enter health information. e.g. date of birth, medications, allergies & reactions, blood type, medical conditions, medical notes.
- Add Emergency Contacts. - Turn On Emergency Access ("Show When Locked")(makes Medical id available from lock screen).
- Turn On Share During Emergency Call - Tap Done.
Emergency Access(Show When Locked) Your Medical ID can be viewed when the iPhone is locked.
iPhone Lock Screen: Emergency >> Medical ID on the Lock Screen.
Apple Watch: Side Button >> Press & Hold >> Drag Medical ID slider to the Right
To make your Medical ID available from the Lock screen on your iPhone, turn on Show When Locked. In an emergency, this gives information to people who want to help. To share your Medical ID with emergency responders, turn on Share During Emergency Call. When you make a call or send a text to emergency services on your iPhone or Apple Watch, your Medical ID will automatically be shared with emergency services. (Available only in the United States. Text-to-911 may not be available in all areas)
Emergency ContactsWhen you use Emergency SOS to call emergency services the iPhone also sends a message with your current location to your the emergency contacts you list in Medical ID. (Learn More about Emergency SOS).
Medical ID is only available on the iPhone and Apple Watch.